Hello parents and families of Clearwater girls 2017! Are you wondering what you need to know about how your daughter(s) will travel to camp this summer and what forms to fill out? This post outlines the basics of travel. For detailed information, access the Parent Handbook – page 6.
We offer several ways for your daughter to travel to camp:
- Chartered bus.
- Parent drop-off or pick-up in car.
- While we anticipate having enough space, reservations for the chartered bus will be honored on a first-come, first served basis.
- Clearwater Camp provides lunch for campers on arrival and departure days.
- For two-week session campers, bus service is provided for arrival only.
- Bus stop locations: Diversey, O’Hare, Des Plaines Oasis, Beloit.
- Fee: One way trip: $150 Round trip: $300.
- Airport options: O’Hare Airport in Chicago (ORD), Rhinelander (RHI) or Wausau/Mosinee (CWA).
- O’Hare Airport: Incoming flights should arrive by 9:30 am CST. Outgoing flights should depart after 4:30 pm CST. All O’Hare campers must ship luggage to and from camp and pay the bus fee.
- Rhinelander: Campers may fly any time of the day and will be accompanied by a Clearwater chaperone. There is no transportation charge for this airport, which is 30 minutes away from camp.
- Wausau/Mosinee: Campers may fly any time of the day and will be accompanied by a Clearwater chaperone. There is a $35 transportation charge (one way) for this airport, which is 1 hour and 15 minutes away.
- Opening day: Plan on dropping off your camper between 2:00 and 4:00 pm.
- Departure day: Plan on picking up your camper between 9:00 and 11:00 am. (Please note, two weekers, plan on a 9:30 – 11 am pickup).
- Please leave your pets at home.
- Prior to the camper’s arrival, three luggage tags stamped with camp’s address will be mailed to you. (You should be receiving these in the weeks to follow!) Place them on each piece of luggage that will be shipped or brought to camp. We suggest that luggage be sent a week to 10 days ahead; however, we can accept luggage a month prior to your daughter’s arrival.
- UPS or FedEx: Luggage may be shipped directly to camp.
- All campers need to indicate how luggage is departing from camp through your CampInTouch account in CampMinder. Please indicate the number of pieces being shipped and specify UPS, FedEx, or with the camper.
- PLEASE NOTE: For campers flying into and out of O’Hare Airport, all luggage, except carry-on MUST be shipped.
Okay, I know about the travel options, how do I let camp know about it?
- Go to your CampIn Touch account and click on Forms and Documents.
- Scroll to Transportation.
- Click on either a bus, plane, or car icon. Please note the bus and plane icons offer a drop down menu of bus stop and airport preferences.
- Don’t forget to assign baggage – VIP.
There is much anticipation and excitement coming and going from camp. We are here to aid parents and families in the smoothest transition as possible. For more information please contact Melinda, our Office Manager, at email@example.com. Here’s to a great 2017!!