Status: Full-time; exempt
Location: Clearwater Camp is located in Minocqua, WI. Must be onsite for the entire camp season (May-August) and may work virtually in the off-season (Sep-April)
Start date: Immediately upon hiring or as agreed upon
Job Summary & Key Accountabilities
This management position requires exemplary leadership, communication, organizational, and administrative skills. Reporting to the Camp Director, the responsibilities of the Assistant Director will provide oversight and strategic direction to support the day-to-day camp operations and long-term strategic goals of Clearwater. This includes camper recruitment, staff recruitment and training, programs and activities, and supporting development and marketing strategies of Clearwater.
Working with the Camp Director and other members of the Clearwater community in order to:
- Assist in the recruitment of campers (includes management of the camper application, the camper database, and communication with families).
- Assist in the recruitment and management of staff.
- Assist in the development and implementation of staff training.
- Assist in planning, direction, and supervision of all camp programs in order to ensure a positive camp experience for all campers.
- Assist in supporting and supervising counselors in order to ensure a positive camp experience for all staff.
- Assist in managing parent communications during camp as well as the off-season.
- Provide oversight and support for the Leadership program.
- Assist in formal and informal summer staff evaluations.
- Assist with writing, editing, and updating the Clearwater Camp website.
- Assist with other camp functions and special events, including but not limited to camper reunions, alumni gatherings, etc.
- Attend professional development training both virtually and in person to stay up to date on best practices within the camping industry.
- Support the American Camping Association accreditation. Includes process and maintenance of status.
- Devote time, attention, and skill to support Clearwater’s strategic plan and the Board’s goals.
- Other duties as assigned or directed to meet the goals and objectives of Clearwater.
- Passion and commitment to Clearwater Camp’s mission
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in a related field and/or experience in the field
- Collaborative work style
- Ability to lead and manage a team
- Superior verbal, written, and presentation skills
- Ability to adapt and stay calm in challenging and high-stress situations
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Proficiency in Google Drive, Microsoft Office, and Customer Relationships Management (CRM) technology such as CampMinder.
- Flexibility as the role evolves with Clearwater’s needs and growth
The pay range for this position is $40,000 to $45,000. It will be commensurate with experience.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please submit a letter explaining your interest in the position and Clearwater along with your resume by Sunday, October 15. You may submit as attachments to email@example.com
Note: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed, but are not to be seen as a complete list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Also, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.