We’re looking for a Camp Nurse who can provide expert health care with a smile! Being a Camp Nurse is a refreshing opportunity to care for healthy young people in a friendly, fun outdoor setting. Camp Nurse candidates should be comfortable in the outdoors, be flexible and fun, and enjoy working with children. Preferably, we would like to have two nurses for the entire nine-week season. This is an ideal position for a school nurse.
Dispensing camper meds, providing first aid for minor injuries, record keeping, and communicating with parents, camp leadership and local health care providers.
- RN degree with pediatric experience.
- Certified or eligible to be certified in the state of Wisconsin.
- Confident nursing skills and strong assessment abilities.
- Excellent bedside manner, friendly and personable.
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record required.
Health Care Assistant
Are you looking to gain experience in health care under guidance of an experienced RN? This position is for you! This is a great opportunity for nursing students to work with our campers. We’re looking for candidates who want to work alongside our Nurse in overseeing the health and safety of our campers and staff.
Assist Camp Nurse with dispensing camper meds; providing first aid for minor injuries; record keeping; screening campers and staff when they arrive and depart from camp, including for trips.
- Preferred CNA experience or junior level in nursing school
- Willingness to learn alongside an RN
- Desire to work with children and young adults