July 24, 2020
Dear Clearwater Community,
This has been a summer like no other. Instead of preparing for our annual Breakfast with the Board (which in usual times would take place on July 25th!) I’m at home on the North Fork of Long Island. I and all of the board members will miss this opportunity to visit with you and talk about all things Clearwater!
Instead of the usual invitation to meet with us and indulge in Clearwater’s famous coffee cake, I’d like to take the opportunity to highlight a few of the many things that are happening this summer. Here goes:
- We’re updating our strategic plan – digging deep to make sure we have strategic objectives and action steps that will move us through this rough water and into the future.
- Liz, Sheila and some of our wonderful summer staff have organized a calendar full of virtual opportunities for campers to experience the Clearwater magic. One of my favorites was practicing canoeing strokes with wooden spoons in the tub!
- Melinda and Sheila have organized a flash sale of ClearGear.
- Liz is meeting with other camps in the North Woods to share what we’ve learned in this “no camp” summer and to begin thinking ahead for summer 2021.
- Bill is keeping meticulous records of our expenses as we contemplate our 2021 fiscal year budget while also making sure camp is the beautiful place we all remember.
- We’re looking hard at undertaking a few significant buildings and grounds projects in August and will be in touch with details.
It has been nothing but inspiring to see how staff, board and community have rallied together with the goal always of providing the Clearwater Camp experience to as many girls as possible! It wouldn’t happen without you. Even though we’re not in the Deck sitting in a circle on wooden benches, I raise my coffee mug to all of you to say thank you – for your support, your belief in Clearwater, and your strength.
President, Clearwater Camp Board of Directors