Our riding program teaches campers many aspects of English riding, focusing on effective communication with the horse using proper cues and aids, skill development from beginner riders through advanced and using horses to enhance a girl’s self image. All riders will have the opportunity to ride not only in the arena, but on the trails as well. The more advanced riders will add jumping to their classes and there is opportunity to be on the camp’s drill team at the end of the summer. Our goal is to teach riding skills and horse care in a safe and fun atmosphere. Click here for more information about our riding program.
Horseback Riding Director
Implement program goals of helping campers progress in their riding ability, organize the overall riding program (maintain equipment and tack, clean barn, pasture, and trails) supervise the other riding staff (delegate responsibilities, assign classes to teach or assist, etc), and care for the horse herd on a daily basis (feeding, grooming, watering, administer 1staid as needed, etc). Other duties include riding instruction with campers ages 8 to 16.
- At least 21 years of age.
- Possess skills and confidence in leading and organizing English horsemanship with children.
- Must be confident in teaching riders to ride at walk, trot, canter, post trot, jumping position, and jumping using the correct position with appropriate aids and cues.
- Demonstrated supervisory experience.
- Current certification as a horseback riding instructor or have documented training and experience.