We know our community is excited to see what’s happening at camp, so we will share updates via this dynamic web page. Please check back often!
Last updated: November 9, 2023
Clearwater launched an ambitious plan to update and upgrade our entire campus for the benefit of our campers today and well into the next 90 years! The Master Site Plan will become a reality over the next three to five years by implementing:
- a special fundraising effort to secure approximately $6 million
- a coordinated effort to build and complete the projects around summer camp operations and the harsh winter weather of the Northwoods.
Clearwater board and staff have been working together — with input from campers, summer staff, and the broader community — to develop a comprehensive site plan since 2018. Construction commenced on the first phase of projects in May 2023. The work is being expertly guided by Blake Theisen, architect and principal of Parkitecture + Planning, and general contractor, Jimmy Rein, owner of Lee Construction Company. This map provides a basic overview of the entire plan and the phases of construction are outlined below.
Phase One (launched in Spring 2023 and set for completion in Summer 2024)
- Maintenance Building
- Welcome & Wellness Center, including a new storm shelter
- Sports Courts
- Land Sports and Waterfront “Expansion”
The next phase of projects will be launched once sufficient funds are secured and final design and construction documents are completed.
- Dining Hall Expansion & Kitchen Re-Build
- Staff Housing
- Wetlands Classroom
- Ropes Course
- Shoreline Erosion Control
- Island Storm Shelter Upgrade
- Additional Bathrooms on the Mainland
If you are interested in learning more details about the plan, please choose one of the buttons below.