The countdown to camp is currently 34 days, which can only mean one thing: summer is coming and it is coming fast! Spring in the Northwoods took awhile to develop, but fortunately these past few weeks temperatures reached the mid 70s. The ice melted off the lake on May 10th, and the loons have returned. Spring is here! And now we would like to finish up our seasons posts with “what we do in the spring.” This edition will be shorter than the fall and winter posts, as we are busy getting ready for our campers! Catch past posts here and here.
• Ellen has been busy finishing hiring our staff. Speaking of our staff, have you seen the staff announcement posts on our Facebook (@CC4Gfans) or Instagram (@clearwater_camp)? You can also read about our fantastic summer staff on our website. Ellen is also keeping herself busy with putting the last minute touches on our 10-day staff training, which begins June 10th.
• As the time of publishing this blog, Liz just finished her journey to Wisconsin from her home in Massachusetts. She has been working closely with a board member and staff on getting new program equipment for one of our favorite camp activities.
• Melinda continues to gather and process paperwork for both the campers and staff. She has been working closely on finalizing the details for our wilderness first aid and lifeguard certifications. Melinda also coordinates travel to camp and is wondering how the campers will be arriving to camp: by Car, Plane, or Bus. Be sure to select your daughter’s travel option by filling out the Transportation form.
• Bill continues to work with the contractors getting the camp’s facilities ready for the campers. Some of our buildings will have a new look to them when campers arrive at camp, including a new linen shed. Can you guess what its name will be?
• Sandy is gearing up for our 2nd annual Raise Your Paddle campaign, which you will be reading about soon. Check your email! Always looking to keep our alumnae database updated, Sandy is finding unique ways to reach alumnae past and present. Please take a moment to update your information if you have not recently.
More than anything, we can’t wait to begin out 85th summer on June 20th and look forward to celebrating the reunion in August.